Friday, January 10, 2014

A few calls

I am basically doing my manager job and getting ready for selling...sucks waiting in the hall.
I made 10 phone calls yesterday and got 2 appointments.  The first guy sounded a little sketchy when I told him what I did.  When I asked to meet him at his place of business he told me he'd prefer meeting at a hotel.  Interesting.  Hopefully he doesn't get us a room.  The second guy wanted me to come right away!  He was ready to meet and asked that I meet him at his place of business.  That was what I gathered but his southern accent was very heavy and it took a few minutes for him to understand that it would be a week until we could meet...southern hospitality...not sure what he does but his business was registered as import exports.  Fun stuff!  I always look at these types of meetings as the old show "Lets Make A Deal".   What's behind curtain number one.  I cannot wait.
Got some good advice from my friend on phone lyrics and it appeared to work.  First the word LOCAL LOCAL LOCAL needs to be used.  Local rep, working the local market, helping the local business owners. Most important I will meet them at their place of business face to face. 
I think I will make some more calls today but I have a few things to do. 
Focus on what is good and stay in that place.

2 comments:

  1. Great advice! Focus on what is good and maintain that place. We are human beings and not human doings. We are intelligent and highly sophisticated (most of us) and we are the only species on the earth that can control how we respond and feel. We can choose whether to be happy, sad, mad etc. We can choose to be productive or lazy. We can choose to let things affect us or not. Life is not so much about what happens to us but how we respond to what happens. Understanding this is knowledge and powerful. Choose to focus on the positive...it will get you a lot farther in life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful advice...thanks brother!

    ReplyDelete