Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Getting organized

What the heck!!!!  My head is spinning.  Most important skill  when it comes to sales is organization. 
I am coming out of the Richmond VA market and heading into the unknown VA Beach Market...hello, I have never been there.  I guess I need a map.  Yes I have gps however a good skill called blocking, well I call it blocking, is necessary.
Get a ADC map and mark off blocks that I work.  Uncover the stones that no sales rep has kicked over because of the blinders of the windshield and of the cold, rain, wind, sun, heat, and basic outside elements :)  Outside Sales is really Outside Sales.
Map...check
Had to get a new phone...local number...check
Pulled some leads from the internet...did a search of new business listings and whaaala!  Thousands.  Placed them in a spread sheet that I can sort by street or business type...check
Put together some great leave behinds or as I call them elevator pitch show and tells!  Give me 30 seconds to cover the leave behind and I will encourage you to give me 30 minutes.  Marketing people have no idea what they are doing half the time.  They create sales aids or brochures that take 20 minutes to read!  NO ONE does that...10 seconds man...show and tell.
No Business cards yet.  Oh well I can wing it.
At this point right now I am still pulling my manager duty. I cannot get out yet but the horse is entering the gate.
Think I will try using the phone tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment